Harrison & Burrowes Bridge Constructors, Inc. has been one of the top bridge contractors in New York State for more than 40 years. Headquartered in Glenmont, New York, just south of Albany, H&B sits on twelve acres and employs more than 150 full time and seasonal employees during the peak of construction season.
H&B has demolished, constructed, and rehabilitated hundreds of bridges throughout New York and other neighboring states. An award-winning firm, H&B has built an excellent reputation and has completed some of the most challenging projects both on schedule and under budget. From new construction of large spans and complex designs in high volume urban areas, to rural county bridges and spans over water, H&B’s services include complete bridge replacement, bridge and bearing rehabilitation and replacement, and steel sheeting and pile driving on land and in water.
Pipe and Drainage Foreman in Syracuse, NY. The successful candidate will be an important member of the construction management team reporting directly to the Superintendent.
- Sequences pipe and drainage structure installation to reduce interference with other project activities and the public.
- Continually inspects work sites, surveying for potential hazards or safety concerns.
- Responsible for crew safety. Establishes a safe work environment that complies with the Company safety program.
- Manage individual workers to effectively complete tasks on schedule and on budget
- Reads, understands, and interprets drawings and specifications
- Monitors crews for organizational structure, sizing, crew mix ratios, and wage compliance in conjunction with Superintendent
- Reports on time and materials
- Monitors the implementation of safety orientations, safety indoctrination, provides coaching for improvement
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Maintains professional relationship with Owner
- Ensures compliance with safety policies and OSHA regulations
- 3+ years experience as a Pipe and Drainage Foreman in heavy highway construction
- Superior communication skills
- Previous direct supervision of employees
- Strong attention to detail
- Must have active driver’s license and reliable vehicle.
- Pass a pre-employment drug screening
- Willing to travel
Harrison & Burrowes (H&B) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. H&B does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.