Harrison & Burrowes Bridge Constructors, Inc. has been one of the top bridge contractors in New York State for more than 40 years. Headquartered in Glenmont, New York, just south of Albany, H&B sits on twelve acres and employs more than 150 full time and seasonal employees during the peak of construction season.
H&B has demolished, constructed, and rehabilitated hundreds of bridges throughout New York and other neighboring states. An award-winning firm, H&B has built an excellent reputation and has completed some of the most challenging projects both on schedule and under budget. From new construction of large spans and complex designs in high volume urban areas, to rural county bridges and spans over water, H&B’s services include complete bridge replacement, bridge and bearing rehabilitation and replacement, and steel sheeting and pile driving on land and in water.
Project Manager – Heavy Highway Construction in Albany, NY. The successful candidate will be an important member of the construction management team on a variety of projects throughout New York State. reporting directly to Vice President of Project Management.
- Manage large scale heavy highway construction projects
- Negotiate and coordinate with subcontractors, vendors, and other 3rd parties
- Design and Engineering for submittals.
- Establish master project schedule.
- Complete supplier and subcontractor buyouts.
- Prepare preconstruction documents for owner kickoff.
- Two Week Look Ahead Submissions – work closely with superintendent to plan work.
- Manage project budgets and analyze financial reports.
- Coordinate subcontractor schedules and contractual requirements.
- Prepare price negotiations and change orders, payment applications, submittals and RFI’s.
- Review timesheets for accurate hours and cost coding, submit to payroll department.
- Run monthly cost to complete meetings and attend bi-weekly progress meetings.
- Review workplans, personnel and resources with site Superintendents weekly.
- Order and schedule all long lead items to be delivered to project.
- Mark up pay estimates or pay application and submit to accounting.
- Review and approve purchase orders, stone tickets, concrete tickets, and receipts are cost coded properly and submit to accounting.
- Review and approve hotel reimbursement and truck rent and phone rent for crews to accounting.
- Update EBO throughout the project.
- Communicate with management and field employees
- Communicate with and manage the owners of the projects
- Deliver on time and on budget results
- Manage project D/W/MBE and EEO goals
- Maintain a safe environment and adhere to all OSHA regulations
- Must have active driver’s license and reliable vehicle.
- Familiarity with machinery, vehicles and other equipment.
- Ability to review and interpret governmental regulations.
- Must be self-starter, able to create and manage a schedule without being instructed.
- Must be able to interact and develop a positive culture and relationship with field employees.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software.
- Must be able to work flexible schedule to meet deadlines.
- Willing to travel to project sites as needed
Harrison & Burrowes (H&B) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. H&B does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.