Harrison & Burrowes Bridge Constructors, Inc. has been one of the top bridge contractors in New York State for nearly 40 years. Headquartered in Glenmont, New York, just south of Albany, H&B sits on twelve acres and employs more than 150 full time and seasonal employees during the peak of construction season.
H&B has demolished, constructed, and rehabilitated hundreds of bridges throughout New York and other neighboring states. An award-winning firm, H&B has built an excellent reputation and has completed some of the most challenging projects both on schedule and under budget. From new construction of large spans and complex designs in high volume urban areas, to rural county bridges and spans over water, H&B’s services include complete bridge replacement, bridge and bearing rehabilitation and replacement, and steel sheeting and pile driving on land and in water.
Traffic Control Foreman in Syracuse, NY. The successful candidate will be an important member of the field management team reporting directly to the job Superintendent and working with the entire field team.
- Set up and maintain traffic control for a variety of traffic control schemes such as, lane closures, and road closures including detour routes
- Install road signs, temporary lane closures and other work zone traffic control devices
- Work with regular construction crews on highway projects when Traffic Control Supervision is not needed
- Take ownership over your work, equipment, conditions, and surroundings to keep safety first in all things both for yourself and for all crew members
- Continually observe all leader instructions, traffic rules and regulations, customer specifications, and standards of the Company Code of Conduct
- Think innovatively, actively participate in safety tailgate meetings, contribute purposefully to the Company’s safety culture, and communicate clearly, openly, and constructively
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug test and commitment to remain drug free
- Current and valid DOT or ATSSA TCT or TCS Certification
- Reliable Transportation
- Ability to work nights and weekends when needed
- Read and understand construction plans
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Prior Traffic Control Supervisor Experience
- Class B CDL
- Prevailing wage plus foreman pay
- Truck and phone reimbursement
- Retirement plan.
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
Harrison & Burrowes (H&B) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. H&B does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.